︎ SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Word Limit: 600-800 words
Pay Rate: £100 per text (if selected and published)
Rights: We claim first world electronic rights (text and audio), and first print rights.
What we like:
1. Reviews of current art exhibitions
2. Interviews with artists and creatives
3. Articles addressing regional arts news and events
- We firstly invite you to pitch an idea you want to write about.
- Please include what, where, why and when is the art being shown until (what date)– just a brief outline is required. The event can be located anywhere in the UK. We invite writers from across the UK.
- Within your pitch, please include an outline of your previous experience of writing.
- Please send your pitch to email@example.com.
- Email Subject: the remark – pitch.
- When pitching for a time specific event or exhibition, make sure there is sufficient time to write and publish the piece whilst the event or exhibition is still open to the public.
- We hope to publish 2-3 new writings per month. If you are invited to write a piece, then we will provide a min of 10 days to write and send a first written draft
- Submissions must be formatted in either .RTF, .DOC, or .DOCX format.
- If you are not invited, we may ask for you to come back to us at a later time
- The reasons for not being inviting will include – we have reached capacity for that month, high competition of quality of work, your pitch isn’t strong enough, oversubscribed and where possible we may offer feedback (but please be aware due to capacity feedback may not always be possible)
We will respond to all submission enquiries, however our response time may vary. Typically a response should take one week, but we occasionally hold submissions for longer periods. Please wait until two weeks have passed before sending queries about pending submissions.
︎ IMAGE REQUESTS
We request you collect six images of the work you are writing about. All photographs should be credited correctly. We require:
Name of artist, Work’s name, DATE, medium (materials), dimensions. Collection. Photo: xxx. ©. Courtesy [NEVER COURTESY OF] gallery, city
The file must be via dropbox or another transfer file and each image should be a min of 300dpi
If we feel the quality of the images and credits are not usable, we will let you know. Although, if we cannot resolve this, we may choose to remove your writing from the site.
Articles will be subject to the process of editing and revision. Typically each article will go through 2 – 3 rounds of revision. Writers will be expected to work directly with editorial staff to produce a final text. Payment is on condition of a text being published, if a writer is unable to commit to an edit (or a text remains unfinished) we reserve the right to refuse payment.
A writer’s name will be shared on the remark website. Any other personal information (address, email, phone, or secret identity) will not be shared with anyone outside our editorial staff.